|There are several sports and boat shows this weekend. Photo © Nautical Sites Media|
It's finally March, the month that the season of Spring begins in our part of the world. And although we've had a mild winter, or perhaps because we have, it really feels like boaters may actually be able to get out on the water by the first week of Spring this year.
To get us ready for the season, let's take a look at this weekend's boat shows. Today's events calendar includes several boat and sports shows across Canada, as well as events in Colorado, Philly, Savannah, Tampa and many more...
This Weekend's Boat Shows
There are over a dozen shows around the world this weekend.We're highlighting a few below. More details on these, as well as several more fishing and boat shows, can be found on the FirstBoat boat show calendar.
In the USA
- Today (Thursday) is the first day of the Colorado RV, Sports, Boat and Travel Show, which calls itself "the largest outdoor recreation show in the region," at the National Western Complex in Denver.
- There are two other shows starting today in the US - the Northern Illinois Boat Show, which claims to be "Northern Illinois Largest Boat Show," is at the New Lake County Fairgrounds, Grayslake, IL. Also, the Westfield Southlake Mall Boat Show begins today in Merrillville, Indiana..
Some bigger east coast boat shows begin on Friday, including:
- The Greater Philadelphia Boat Show at the Expo Center in Oaks, PA.
- The 10th annual Savannah Boat and Outdoor Show is at the Savannah International Trade and Convention Center.
- There are also two shows in Florida beginning that run from Friday through Monday - the Tampa Tribune Outdoors Expo and Boat Show at the Florida State Fairgrounds in Tampa, and Water and Wheels 2012 at Cape Harbour in Cape Coral, FL.
It must be National Boat Show Day in Canada or something... There are a few events in the land of our neighbors to the north, including:
- The Mid-Canada Boat Show (AKA the Winnipeg Boat Show)at the Winnipeg Convention Centre in Manitoba runs Thursday through Sunday.
- The BC Boat and Sportsmen's Show is happening Friday through Sunday at Tradex in Abbotsford, British Columbia.
- Also Friday through Sunday is the Niagara Outdoor Sports and Boat Show at the Scotiabank Convention Centre, Niagra Falls, Ontario.
- On Saturday or Sunday you can check out canoes and kayaks at the Vancouver Outdoor Adventure and Travel Show, which is at the Vancouver Convention Centre in British Columbia.
Not on the continent of North America? No problem! There are boat shows this weekend in the Philippines, New Zealand and Austria. All are on our calendar...
As always, dates, times and links to all these shows and more can be found on the First Boat boat show calendar.
Any More? Let us Know!
If we didn't mention a boat show this weekend, please comment on the Daily Boater Facebook page or here on DailyBoater.com. Thanks, and see you at the next show!