|Mom, meet Miss Geico. Photo from a recent boat show in CT, © Andrew Canepari / Nautical Sites Media|
What to do for Mother's Day... hmmm...
How about taking her to a boat show? There aren't many of them this weekend, but there are a couple of maritime festivals - one in Seattle and one on Long Island. No? How about a tug or power boat race? No? Well, you can always go to one of these events by yourself on Saturday.
Here is this week's boating event round-up...
This Weekend's Boating Events
In all seriousness, it's a light weekend for boat shows as organizers mostly opted to schedule their events away from the holiday that celebrates the person in the family who is usually the hardest to convince that a boat is the necessity that it is. We've highlighted all of this weekend's nautical events below; and, as always, you are welcome to jump ahead to the First Boat boat show calendar for a quick look at the lineup of boating events this weekend and beyond.
- The Gold Coast Yacht and Country Club is hosting the Hong Kong Gold Coast Boat Show this weekend. Yup, Hong Kong.
- Here in the states, the one boat show we found is the Logan Martin LakeFest and Boat Show in Pell City Alabama. The show's website claims that the event is the South's largest in-water boat show and festival.
- Ocean City, Maryland, is hosting the first of this year's OPA Power Boat Races Friday through Sunday.
- Saturday and Sunday you'll find the first annual Port Jeff Maritime Festival in Long Island.
- And on Saturday this weekend, the Seattle Maritime Festival is featuring the largest tugboat race in the world (according to the event website) and more. The event is the Propeller Club’s annual showcase of the maritime industry and the important role it plays in the Puget Sound economy. Located on the Seattle waterfront.
Milford, Connecticut, nestled on the shoreline of Long Island Sound, is holding its first ever SailQuest - a boat show from Friday, May 18 to Sunday, May 20, 2012. More info.
There are a few more shows, as well as links to the official websites of all these events and more on the First Boat boat show calendar.
Did We Miss One? Got Pics? Please Share!
If we didn't mention a boat show this weekend, please comment on the Daily Boater Facebook page or here as a comment on DailyBoater.com. Thanks, and see you at the next show!