There are a few boat shows going on this weekend all over the world, as well as the beginning of a new stop-over for the OpSail festival of tall ships. Here is this week's boat show round-up...
This Weekend's Boat Shows
We've highlighted several of this weekend's boat shows below; and, as always, you are welcome to jump ahead to the First Boat boat show calendar for a quick look at the lineup of boating events this weekend and beyond.
This Weekend's Boat Shows And Nautical Events...
- The Korea International Boat Show (also known as KIBS) is happening right now in Hwasong City, South Korea (of course), through Sunday, June 3rd. The 5th annual edition of the event is held on the West Coast of Gyeonggi Province, which the show's website claims is the heart of the rapidly emerging Northeast Asian economy and boasts 250 kilometers of coastline. The photo above is from the 4th annual KIBS.
- The 8th annual Nanaimo Floating Boat & Marine Trade Show begins today on Vancouver Island in British Columbia. For boat shows that charge admission, this is one of the best deals we've seen: $5.00 per day, $10.00 for a multiple day pass, and no charge for children 12 and under.
- This Saturday is the first day of the Crick Boat Show and Waterways Festival, which goes through Tuesday, June 5th at Crick Marina in Northamptonshire in England.
- OpSail 2012 Virginia - From June 1 -12, 2012, the Port of Virginia will host an impressive fleet of tall ships, navy and military war ships representing the world. Like all the OpSail events, the theme surrounds the Bicentennial of the War of 1812 and the writing of the Star Spangled Banner.
- Last but not least, here in the States, it's the 12th annual Dana Point Harbor Boat Show located at one of the most spectacular marinas along the California coast. The show started Thursday and goes through Sunday, June 3rd.
There are a few more shows, as well as links to the official websites of all these events and more on the First Boat boat show calendar.
Did We Miss One? Got Pics? Please Share!
If we didn't mention a boat show this weekend, please comment on the Daily Boater Facebook page or here as a comment on DailyBoater.com. Thanks, and see you at the next show!