The NWS goes on to say that the center of Isaac should move near or over the Florida Keys late Sunday and into the eastern Gulf of Mexico on Monday. Maximum sustained winds are near 65 mph and Isaac is expected to strengthen and be at or near hurricane strength when it reaches the Florida Keys.
|Satellite image of Tropical Storm Isaac from the NOAA.|
If you keep your boat in the Gulf Coast, now might be a good time to check out the First Boat hurricane guide for boaters... http://www.firstboat.com/
Tropical Storm ISAAC Public AdvisoryHere is the 11 am summary of watches and warnings in effect due to Isaac...
A Hurricane Warning Is In Effect For...
* The Florida Keys Including The Dry Tortugas
* The West Coast Of Florida From Bonita Beach Southward To Ocean Reef
* Florida Bay
A Hurricane Watch Is In Effect For...
* East Of Morgan City Louisiana To Indian Pass Florida...Including Metropolitan New Orleans And Lake Pontchartrain
A Tropical Storm Warning Is In Effect For...
* The Cuban Province Of Villa Clara
* The Northwestern Bahamas
* The Florida East Coast From Sebastian Inlet Southward To Ocean Reef
* Lake Okeechobee
* The Florida West Coast And The Florida Panhandle From North Of Bonita Beach To Indian Pass...Including Tampa Bay
A Tropical Storm Watch Is In Effect For...
* The Cuban Provinces Of Matanzas And Cienfuegos
* The Florida East Coast North Of Sebastian Inlet To Flagler Beach
A Hurricane Warning Means That Hurricane Conditions Are Expected Somewhere Within The Warning Area...In This Case Within The Next 24 Hours. Preparations To Protect Life And Property Should Be Rushed To Completion.
A Hurricane Watch Means That Hurricane Conditions Are Possible Within The Watch Area. A Watch Is Typically Issued 48 Hours Before The Anticipated First Occurrence Of Tropical-Storm-Force Winds...Conditions That Make Outside Preparations Difficult Or Dangerous.
A Tropical Storm Warning Means That Tropical Storm Conditions Are Expected Somewhere Within The Warning Area Within 36 Hours.
A Tropical Storm Watch Means That Tropical Storm Conditions Are Possible Within The Watch Area...Generally Within 48 Hours.
Be smart, stay safe and live to boat another day!